Present buying for the art enthusiast
Three of my family members have birthdays this month. Its not that I don’t love shopping, I really, really do! Its just when you have to think of three very different folk, its hard to come up with something original and thoughtful, all at the SAME TIME.
So this month to help me, I set about asking our lovely artists what they love to receive. This clever and talented bunch can pretty much make or create anything they want, plus they are pretty hot on aesthetics and style, so perhaps not the easiest of recipients. However, they came back with the most lovely ideas, which I thought I would share with you (and steal myself)
1. An annual pass to the Tate and other galleries
2. A course at a local college or uni specialising in whatever takes your fancy, from printmaking to pottery, wine tasting to bird watching.
3. A residential course somewhere amazing – Tuscany for example – I can’t imagine an artist wouldn’t adore that|
4. A beautiful leather sketchbook – always a winner
5. You won’t be surprised to hear fabulous materials are always treasured.
6. Coffee table books on fav artists are great sources of inspiration! to quote Pablo Picasso: Good artists copy; great artists steal.
7. The HoneyTree Gift voucher which will enable them to upload their design and send out stunning stationery, labels and tags displaying their artwork – its good for their ego!
I have now narrowed one pressie down to either a years membership to the Royal Academy OR I have found an amazing power boat course in the solent…..now for that pesky 3 year old niece, its gotta be personalised stickers, that she will stick on, well, everything!!!!!!!