I love Stationery and I know I am not alone, what are your excuses…
Hi i’m Lizbeth, Queen Bee, co-founder and creative director at HoneyTree (and a self-confessed stationery addict!)
Recently I was asked this question for a local newspaper and thought it might be nice to share, I don’t think I am alone, am I?
I am a stationery addict because…
1. …in the age of instant electronic gratification, there is nothing nicer – or more mindful – than sending or receiving a pretty piece of paper in the mail with a sentiment that may make you laugh, make you smile, make you feel better or just generally brighten your day. It’s someone’s way of saying, ‘hey! I thought about you and took a little extra time today to say’.
2. …it enables me to be an individual through my design and illustrative choices and to personalise my message.
3. …well, what is there not to love? Lots of pretty patterns, colours, designs, illustrations, colours, effects…need I go on?
4. …I believe it serves as an instrument for harmonious, genuine and heartfelt lines of communication.
5. …it leaves a paper trail for future historians. Where would we be without the Magna Carta or Byron’s love letters? Texts and emails are so transient and I hate to think that we will leave nothing like Churchill’s papers, complete with doodles and amendments, for future generations to enjoy.
6. …it keeps my children quiet!
7. …it’s an ideal gift for just about anyone: At Home Cards for a generous host; a personalised Writing Set for a my eight year old niece; some illustrated Notelets for my great aunt; and a set of monogrammed Correspondence Cards for a business colleague.
8. …it can be beautiful, sexy, elegant, classical, funky and fun!
9. …it is blank, and then it isn’t. It inspires, draws forth thought and encourages the sharing of information.
10. …I just can’t help it, ‘cos I’m a complete, self-confessed stationery junkie (probably what you want in the owner of a stationery business!)
Visit HoneyTree – the home of Personalised Stationery